Experienced Digital Marketing and Ecommerce Assistant
Bookkeeper/Administrator – Immediate start available
Salary: 18k to 20k per year - (pro rata) DOE
Hours: flexible working days/hours to the right candidate
Benefits: 21 days holiday + bank holidays, Pension scheme
Closing date: Monday 13th May
Our client is one of UK’s leading independent fashion retailers based in the heart of Leeds City Centre, established since 1984 they are still a family run business employing over 30 staff.
Due to continued success they are looking for a self-motivated and experienced bookkeeper and administrator to join their diverse and friendly team. You will manage and be responsible for all the companies' accounts and generally be responsible for the day to day finances of the organisation so that they can quickly and easily access up to date and accurate financial information.
· Maintain Sales/Purchases & Nominal Ledgers using SAGE software
· Reconcile Bank, credit cards and petty cash
· Check bank daily and reconcile with Sage
· Deal with suppliers/creditors in professional and friendly manner via the telephone and by email
· Make Bacs payments and Supplier payments
· Maintain Direct debit file.
· Complete, check and submit VAT returns to HMRC
· Manage all aspects of Payroll and all relevant HMRC Submissions
· Formulate monthly management P&L accounts.
· Maintain long term and short-term cash flow forecast reports
· Prepare year end journals and liaise with external accountants.
· Prepare weekly reports for board meetings at weekly briefings with the Directors
The Ideal Candidate:
· AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) (Preferred)
· ICB Bookkeeping (Preferred)
· Bookkeeping: 3 years (minimum)
· Sage 50: 2 years (minimum)
· Excellent bookkeeping skills, with attention to detail
· Working knowledge of accounting software, preferably Sage
· Computer skills – essential packages: Word: Excel: Sage 50:
· Payroll Manager preferred but similar payroll package accepted.
· It is vital you can liaise with suppliers and have previous experience of doing so
· Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise