Here at Accent we respect your privacy and your choices. We will not send you marketing communications unless you have asked us to and you can change your mind at any time. We will never sell any personal information gathered as a result of your visit to accentclothing.com. We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. This includes only working with trusted partners and will not use your personal data in ways that we have not told you about.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As data is transferred over the internet, the Accent Clothing website runs from a secure server which uses 128bit SSL encryption to help ensure all data is protected.
- Account registration & purchases: We will collect some personal information from you when you register to use our website, order goods from us, sign up to receive updates or when you participate in competitions & surveys. This may include name, location, language, assumed gender, IP address, mailing address, telephone number, email address, when you visited our site, how you arrived on our site, where you visit after our site, the pages you visited, how long you spend browsing individual pages on our site, any products you have purchased, and the browser (where applicable) and the type of device and processor you used to access our site.
- Payment Information: Items purchased online are processed via a secure credit card ordering system and any payment transactions are processed securely using a minimum of 128bit SSL encryption. We work with Sage Pay, the largest independent payment gateway service provider in the U.K. Your credit card details are not held by us on our servers. We accept VISA, MASTER CARD, SWITCH, DELTA and AMERICAN EXPRESS cards. As well as secure payments through Paypal. If the payment is not authorised by your bank or card issuer, you will receive an e-mail usually within a few minutes advising you of the reason why. Please note that some issuing banks may still reserve your funds for a period of time. If payment is authorised but we have a query with your order, we will send you an email as soon as possible to advise you of the nature of the query. If we are unable to resolve the query for any reason and cannot dispatch your order, a full refund will be issued back to your card.
- Emails & Live Chat: If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message, attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
- Usage of our website: When you use our site, we may collect information about your engagement with our site, such as processor and memory usage, storage capacity, navigation, and system-level metrics. We use this data to operate, maintain and improve the performance and usability of our site, develop new features, protect the security and safety of our site and our customers, and provide customer support. We also use this data to develop analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, provide marketing material and report on the performance of our business.
- In store: We may collect personal information about you such as your name, email address, phone number when you purchase with us. This so you can access your in-store loyalty points and send you relevant marketing information, you can choose to opt-in or out of marketing emails and texts at any time. We also use CCTV to monitor and record images for the purposes of security and health and safety.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Information is collected about you to enable us to process any orders you make, manage your online account with us and email or text you with relevant product offers and promotions.
- Purchases: When processing your order, we may send your details to and use information from, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We also send your name, shipping address and email address and in some cases contact telephone number to DPD, DHL & FedEx for the purpose of delivering your goods.
- Marketing: We’d like to contact you with product offers & promotions which may be of interest to you. If you have signed up or consented to this, we will contact you via email or text message. If you no longer wish to receive these offers, you can unsubscribe at any time via our website. We will never share any of your personal information with any third-party companies for marketing purposes.
- Cookies: Cookies play an important part in helping us to enhance the usability and performance of our site and your experience using it. Cookies help distinguish you from other users of our site which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our site. For more information on cookies and the purposes for which we use them please see our cookies policy.
- Advertising: We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our Services, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Please see our cookies policy to find out more.
- Other Websites: We may place links on our website to other websites that we think you may want to visit. We do not vet these websites and do not have any control over their contents. Please note that these sites have their on privacy policies and Accent Clothing cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of these websites.
- Law and Similar Disclosures: This website, any content contained herein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English. We reserve the right to change our terms & conditions from time to time. If requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspecting illegal activities, we’re entitled to provide them with your personal information or any other information we obtain about you.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. We have a legitimate interest in operating and communicating with you as necessary to provide these services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it.